Now is a wonderful time to get out and explore our beautiful country in your Jayco caravan. Head along the coast to discover untouched beaches, along rivers for top notch fishing, up mountains to hit the slopes, or through forests to hike trails and spot wildlife.
Wherever your next trip takes you, it is important to prepare and pack all of the essentials so that you are well-equipped, comfortable, and most importantly, ready for adventure!
Depending on the length of your trip, the time of year you are travelling and your destination, what you pack will differ slightly. However, the ‘must-haves’ are the essentials that are necessary for every caravan. Although Jayco caravans are roomy and comfortable, it is still important to be mindful of how you are using storage space when packing. The weight of the vehicle is also important to keep in mind, as the heavier it is, the quicker you will chew through your petrol.
We’ve broken our list into four sections; vehicle, camp, passenger and food!
• GPS and Maps
• Spare Tyres
• Spare keys
• Cards – licence, insurance, roadside assist
• Adapters – USB & Cigarette lights chargers
• Music – CDs & offline playlists
• Towing mirrors
• Tow bar
• Wheel clamps
• Jerry cans & petrol
• A jack
• Tyre pressure gauge
• Small tool kit
• Water drum
• Cooking equipment and utensils – pots, pans, plates, bowls, knife, forks, mugs etc
• Outdoor table and chairs
• Power leads
• Toilet paper
• Baby wipes
• Sunscreen and insect repellent
• Dish washing liquid
• Dustpan and brush
• Laundry powder, clothing line & pegs
• Spare blankets and towels
• Spare chargers for any technology like iPads and phones, as well as spare batteries
• At least one torch
• First aid kit
• Any other items that will make camp life easier like the coffee percolator or sandwich press
Write a list of the meals you plan to cook in your RV, and purchase non-perishables prior to hitting the road. Think pasta, rice and canned goods, the essentials that can be easily transformed into a delicious meal. This also reduces necessary spending, and food waste.
Find out more about our RV pantry staples here